TREEHOUSE TEXTILES…..Modern, contemporary retail & workshop spaces that will inspire your creativity by providing relaxed, inclusive and enjoyable crafting environments plus customer service second to none..
Treehouse Textiles…. now has 2 venues on the Mornington Peninsula
Treehouse Textiles @Mornington & Treehouse Textiles @ Merricks North
MORNINGTON…FABRIC STORE …..
- Our Treehouse fabric store is located in the centre of Mornington, conveniently close to all that the Peninsula has to offer.
- A store with a modern contemporary feel, light and airy and full to the brim with fabric fabulousness.
- A vibrant space offering relaxed sewing workshops catering to all skill levels from beginners to expert in a variety of textile disciplines, including patchwork, quilting, dressmaking, knitting, crochet plus a variety of other fun and interesting workshops.
- We invite guest teachers who are expert in their field to teach workshops at Treehouse Textiles.. Advanced and specialised teachers in patchwork, appliqué, knitting, crochet and machine quilting.
- We offer coffee/tea and macarons to our workshop participants.
- Treehouse Textiles has reverse cycle air conditioning for your comfort.
MERRICKS NORTH…Our Second Venue
- A modern open plan building used for some specialist workshops that require more working space.
- Set on 50 acres of indigenous bush overlooking a secluded lake,a setting that will inspire creativity and provide a relaxed venue for crafting.
- Full day workshops at Treehouse Merricks offer an exclusive experience that includes delicious lunches, Espresso Coffee, Specialty Teas and Macarons.
- All equipment for workshops is supplied by Treehouse Textiles at both venues.
Inspired by a great idea, Sarah and Emma have built on the original concept of combining textiles and workshops in a beautiful environment, to give you Treehouse Textiles.
Sarah & Leo Kuter have lived at Merricks North for the past twelve years. Treehouse Textiles original building was a successful 4½ star rated B&B called ‘Treehouse on the Lake’, which was closed in October 2011. With a keen eye for detail Sarah has involved herself in every aspect of the development, the aesthetics of Treehouse Textiles is her work and her skill in colour and design will be an asset to us all.
Emma Di Stefano
Emma Di Stefano (Bachelor of Education in Visual Arts) is your creative director and tutor, and has gained extensive experience over the years combining her creative skills and love of sewing to develop a children’s fashion label ‘yknot designs’, sold through boutique markets and a variety of retail stores around the country. Emma’s attention to detail is legendary, and her sewing is meticulous, you will find her easy going, a competent teacher, and very organized. Emma will be teaching the sewing component of the workshops, however every month we will have a guest tutor for various workshops, that are interesting, amazing and unique, (both the tutors & the workshops!) all the tutors are highly skilled in their area of specialty. Sign up to our newsletter to find out more about VIP workshops that are coming to the Treehouse.
Visit the beautiful Mornington Peninsula
Only an hour away by car, the Peninsula combines the best of coastal living with a diversity of beaches, and offers many water activities made possible by the calm waters of Port Phillip and Western Port Bays.
Explore the numerous galleries and cafes, or escape to the hinterland for gourmet delights and boutique wineries. Why not combine a workshop at Treehouse Textiles with a stay at a resort, local bed & breakfast or hidden accommodation located in many of the surrounding vineyards?
Below is a list of some of the attractions on the Mornington Peninsula, please visit www.visitmorningtonpeninsula.org for a more comprehensive list.