Textile Art with Christine Lethlean
Workshop @ Treehouse Textiles Mornington Store
We are delighted to welcome Christine Lethlean 'Margie & Bert' to Treehouse Textiles.
An introduction to 'Making Art With Textiles', in this workshop participants will develop skills to design and compose a naive still life or modern landscape, deconstruct printed fabrics, re purpose unwanted linen and bric-a-brac, draw with your machine and become familiar with a slow stitch embroidery technique.
It’s a fun workshop, most find it inspiring and you can achieve a completed piece. Christine promises you that you will never look at a printed piece of fabric in the same way and will most likely become more of a fabric stasher than you are now!!
You can see Christine's pictures on display at our store.
This is an all day workshop at our Treehouse Textiles Mornington Store.
- Skill Level
Sewing Machines & Equipment
The beauty of making art with textiles is you often use what is available to you.
Re-purposing left over pieces of fabric, fibres (e.g. paper) and items you have in your basic sewing kit are adequate to produce a lovely piece of work.
Please bring the following to the workshop:
- A range of embroidery threads – This may include regular sewing machine threads, DMC Cotton Perle, wool, linen, silk and even some string for added texture.
- Water soluble fabric glue (Roxanne glue is my favourite)
- Marking tools, tailors chalk, white pencil,/marker, fabric pencil, water soluble marker
- Fabric scissors
- General purpose scissors
- Fine point embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needles (of your choice)
- Short applique pins
- Black cotton/polyester thread (or colour of choice)