Beginner – Simple Patchwork Quilt
Workshop @ Treehouse Textiles Mornington Store
You will love making this simple 8" square colourful and contemporary patchwork quilt.
If you can sew a straight line and have basic sewing machine skills this workshop is for you. Learn cutting and piecing techniques and colour co-ordination. The quilt is large enough for the end of a single bed or to snuggle up with on the couch. Our simple patchwork quilt is basic & easy.
Emma will guide you through all the basic quilting techniques so that you understand each step.
1. Choosing fabric and a colour palette is fun and we will be there to guide you. We have a great selection of contemporary fabrics that may help too!!
2. Cutting the fabric is so easy with a rotary cutter. Emma will demonstrate and you will practice and be confident using this tool.
3. Measuring your patchwork squares with a quilting ruler is straight forward and uncomplicated.
4. Our sewing machines are a cinch to use.
5. The pining, binding and basting is all demonstrated patiently and individually so you have understood and accomplished these techniques before you leave the Treehouse.
This is a full day workshop at our Mornington Store.
- 10am - 3.30pm
- Skill Level
Sewing Machine & Equipment
Bring your own fabric if you wish or you are welcome to purchase fabric from Treehouse Textiles.
Cotton Fabric 0.25m x 7 for the top
Cotton Fabric 1.5m for the back
Binding Fabric 0.4m
Curved Safety pins – pkt 60
Crease maker $11.
Perle 8 Thread for Hand quilting
Treehouse Textiles will supply 100% cotton wadding